Make online donations to Saint Mary's Church. You can set automatic payments to be made from your account. Click the link below to get started!
- Ash Wednesday and Good Friday are days of fasting and abstinence.
- All Fridays of Lent are days of abstinence.
- The precept of Fast means that, on that day, only one full meal is allowed. Two other meals, just sufficient to maintain strength, may be taken, but together they should not equal another full meal. Eating between meals is not permitted, except for liquids. The Law of Fast applies to those between the ages of 18 and 60, but is encouraged for all Catholics.
- Abstinence means-no meat on Ash Wednesday and all Friday’s of Lent and binds all Catholics 14 years older and above; although it is recommended for all Catholics.
- Catholics are also earnestly urged to receive the Sacrament of Penance during the Lenten season, preferably before Holy Thursday.